Saturday, June 13, 2015

Brussels sprouts taste better in a soup


Yes they do! I have a few recipes with Brussels, and I talked about my 'relationship' with the 'challenging' vegetable here, where I also published my favourite Brussels sprout cheese quiche.
But the easiest way to cook them is in a soup, a bit like a minestrone, so that all the flavors from the other vegetables, plus the starch of pasta, 'improve' the distinctive taste of Brussels sprouts.

Chop one onion, half a carrot and one celery stalk with leaves, sauté with a tbsp of olive oil and then add 1.5 l of vegetable stock. Simmer until the carrots are soft and then add the Brussel sprouts, a cube of frozen spinach and a handful of small pasta (like stelline). Simmer until the pasta and Brussels sprouts are cooked, add a little more extra virgin olive oil and black pepper to taste. Easy and yum!

 Photos and Recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©

3 comments:

  1. CON EL FRIO QUE TENENMOS ESTOS DIAS...
    APETECE ALGO CALENTITO,,,
    SLUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brussel Sprouts and now I can enjoy them even more.
    Thanks, Alessandra!
    Have a Wonderful Day!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of brussels sprouts but, unfortunately, the rest of my flat does not. I'm always trying to find ways of making this vegetable appealing to them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails