Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Two quick ideas: fruit pearls, and baked halloumi rolls




Quick post today, and two food ideas (ideas rather than recipes...)

I make fruit salad with watermelon and blueberries quite often, I really like the colours together, and there is no need for sugar. This time I also had some Cape Gooseberries and some Alpine strawberries in the garden, so I added them in. Very effective, and a sugar free healthy dessert!



The second idea: (and I just wished that I had this idea before!) 
We eat quite a bit of halloumi at home, easy to prepare and serve on a bed of sautéed vegetables or couscous, or with a salad. But I thought that there must be another way instead of always grilling it or pan frying it! So I cut it into slices and rolled it in filo pastry, a bit like for a Chinese spring roll. I brushed the pastry with water (this way it doesn't brown too quickly), and baked it! Some leaked a bit, but remained compact (unlike Edam that runs everywhere and burn!), and it was so delicious and easy to do that it is going to become a staple at home (also because it is nice cold too, and the kids had it in their lunch boxes!).

I hope these ideas are useful :-). Ah, and yesterday I think that I got my Pageviews' record too: 4,028 for the day! Must comment on newspapers more often :-).


Photos and recipes by Alessandra Zecchini ©

13 comments:

  1. Mi hai convinto!Sto puntando l'halloumi da quando sono arrivata qui e non l'ho ancora comprato ti rendi conto Ale??!!
    Salutoni!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tra quelle perle di frutta stupenda e quei panini.. non saprei che scegliere! Che meraviglia amica mia! un bacione!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad has remarkable color and I love your idea for the wrapped halloumi. Your ideas rival your recipes :-). Have a wonderful day, Alessandra. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veloci e una meglio dell'altra :-) Bacioni cara!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww the fruit pearls look SO pretty! Nice idea for BBQ season which is going to come up very soon here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. scelgo gli involtini con la pasta fillo, lo sai che adoro la cucina greca!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Io mi tuffo nella frutta...sono stufa di mele e arance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Child muy distintos el primero y el segundo, en el segundo eché de menos a la primera Anna, pero aun así el segundo libro también me gus buy 5 star facebook rating

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you presently serious to Buy YouTube subscribers? If so, you're on correct page. We can help you about this concern. buy views on youtube

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may also need these USA Facebook Likes for gaining competitors that are held online. buy usa likes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails